Monday 3 February 2014

A Song in my Heart

Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness. 
~Maya Angelou~

It sneaks up on you just when you think that you are doing just fine and you are sure that you have found something to occupy your time and mind. You fight it, you tell yourself that you can handle it, that it won’t be that bad this time. Come on, what’s wrong with you… you were born alone; there is no need to feel this shattered.

God! I am not sure; I am not sure that I can manage it this time. What do I do?

First on that list is always to sing. Nothing makes me happier at that point… well maybe to dance but that definitely is not my skill. Pouring my feelings, heart and soul into a song and giving it the colour, texture and flava that lets it all out. Allows me to feel protected, open, sensual, innocent, beautiful, scarred, happy and tortured all at once. It brings a smile to my lips, a tear to my eye and a pep to my step.

Oh, I wanna dance with somebody, I wanna feel the heat with somebody
What’s your definition of it? How’s it make you feel?
Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars
The falling leaves, drift by my window

Sometimes there are no words; it’s just the sounds that kinda move with those feelings.

I was just thinking about you… wondering if you wear the same cologne

What is there to do when loneliness sneaks up on you and says, “Girl you need a hug, maybe a soft touch on your cheek, maybe an affectionate tweak on your nose. You need to connect, make a connection.” That is when the singing sets in. That is when you wish that you were a professional dancer and by moving your body could express all the pent up emotion.
But God it also makes you feel pathetic. Why can’t you be happy alone? Why should you need something from someone else to make you feel special? No, not special; to feel … 

Somewhere over the rainbow,Way up high ♫ I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style You tell me to forget... 




1 comment: