Tuesday 12 November 2013

Three encounters... #2 ... Its f*king cold isn't it?

What I enjoy most is travelling to different places and meeting new people. For me, it's all about life experiences, and I'm grateful that acting allows me so many interesting and fulfilling ones.
~Jensen Ackles~
 
Still on that lighter note here is encounter two of my three encounters.
#2 ...Its f*king cold isn't it?
I am walking to the bus stop, on my way to my first rehearsal and nervous when I see a very nice older lady at the bus stop. She was well dressed: nice red coat, black slacks, lovely silver hair which was styled perfectly and a nice bag. I walk to the bus stop and say “Good evening” (I can hear CO quarrelling with me as she reads this, why this black girl don’t hush she mouth nah?).
That lovely lady looked at me and she said, “It’s f*king cold isn’t it?” I must tell you that it is still weird to have a discussion with someone who could be my grandmother and they swear. However, like a lot of the people that I have encountered here she struck up a conversation. She gave me good advice: stock up on vitamin C and take it regularly, make sure I use a lot of garlic, wear several cotton layers to trap the heat and dress warmly at home as the heating has gone up again (her f*king bill is already 50 pound and she doesn’t have the heater on).
She asked where I was from, talked to me about her motion sickness and encouraged me to come to the club she was heading to that was very spiritual and relaxing. Our conversation, though short (she was only going two stops, but she didn’t want to walk because it was f*king cold and her feet hurt) was lovely. She appeared to be a warm, spiritual, spirited lady, who not only liked my accent but encouraged me to do well in my studies and get out to new things and meet new people.
She left by saying she hopes that we meet at the bus stop another time and that I should try to get out to her club. I really wish I could remember the name of it. Sigh.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment